Volunteering is defined as an activity that involves spending time, unpaid, doing something that aims to benefit the environment or individuals or groups other than (or in addition to) close relatives'. By giving your time you are part of a community and it is people that make a community the success it can be. In Merton, the aim is that every resident will be able to give time to their community – be it for one hour every now and then to several hours a week. Whatever time you can give will make a difference to your life and your local area.
Interested in volunteering? Take a look at the many volunteering opportunities available and at additional volunteering opportunities offered by MVSC, and read about people who already volunteer if you are looking for inspiration.
If you can't find what you are looking for and would like to chat to someone why not come along to one of our recruitment sessions? Please call 0208 685 1771 to book your place.
Other useful websites
There are many organisations which provide support to organisations that use volunteers. We have listed those we think you might find useful.
- Time Bank is a national volunteering charity recruiting and training volunteers and businesses.
- NCVO champions the voluntary sector and volunteering.
- Investing in Volunteers is the UK quality standard for all organisations which involve volunteers.
- Greater London Volunteering (GLV) is the regional partnership body for volunteering in London.
- Team London is the Mayor’s volunteering programme for London.
Please note that we cannot take any responsibility for the services or information offered by third parties. Do let us know if any of these links are broken or if you’d like to suggest adding any.