Are you a local Merton resident in south-west London? If yes - please join the team of our Voluntary Shop Assistants at our Wimbledon NIAS Charity Shop. This is a valuable opportunity to improve or enhance your retail expertise.
Our ideal shop assistants are reliable, well presented, have a positive attitude and are always keen to learn and take on new duties.
- Communicating with other staff
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Maintaining the charity shop presentation standards
- Receiving donations and promoting our Gift Aid scheme
- Sorting and pricing donations
- Updating our website with new products
Skills and competencies:
- No experience required for dedicated and reliable individuals
- Ability to work within the shop standards
- Honesty, trustworthiness and teamworkship
- An awareness in retail and customer service
- Good communication & numeracy skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Devotion to detail
We are looking for volunteers able to contribute at least once or twice per week. Shifts will be flexible and vary depending on the needs of the charity shop.
What this role can offer to volunteers:
- The opportunity to help NIAS Charity Shop in its mission to conduct research and eradicate poverty in Africa
- The ability to work within a friendly and diverse shop team
- The opportunity to make new friends
- The chance to improve your CV
- The opportunity to improve retail and customer service skills
Come into the shop for a chat and to collect an application form or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our shop assistants safe we have provided with masks, plastic screens in front of the till, plastic gloves and a limited number of customers in the shop plus hand sanitiser where needed. As for donations they are held for 72 hours to prevent COVID- 19.