The Wimbledon Community Association (WCA) the charity that runs the online community hub Wimblecomm www.wimbledoncommunity.org have launched their new Summer in Merton art competition. This will give young people from the ages of four to 18 the opportunity to showcase their creative talents and share their experience of summer in Merton. All eligible entrants will also be in with the chance of winning some fantastic prizes from local businesses and retailers.
Merton won a Cultural Impact Award under the Mayor of London’s Borough and is a very creative and thriving place to be. Merton is also home to widely-acclaimed annual events such as Wimbledon Bookfest, Merton Arts Festival and the Wimbledon International Music Festival.
People in Merton aged four to 18 should send in one of the below.
A picture of a drawing or painting that they have created that captures their ‘Summer in Merton’
A written piece that captures their ‘Summer in Merton’
Entries can be submitted by simply emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Summer in Merton’ followed by their first name and the area of Merton that they live in: eg, Summer in Merton – Amy, Colliers Wood; or, if they live outside the borough, the name of the school/ college they attend in Merton. In the email, please also include the entrant's full name, and an email/ contact number.
All entries must be received by an extended deadline which is Sunday 29th September 2019. Winners will be notified within a month of the competition’s closing date. Winners will be chosen by members of the WCA team and a guest judge from the local Worple Art Group.
To be eligible for this competition, entrants must be the following, and agree to the below terms and conditions;
– Be aged four to 18
– Be a resident within the borough of Merton OR
– Attend a school/ college in Merton if they live outside the borough
– Give permission for Wimblecomm to share their first name and submission on the Wimblecomm website, social media, and newsletter.
Prizes to be won
– The Entertainer – £15 gift card
– The Odeon in Wimbledon – 2x guest pass tickets
– Wafflemeister in Wimbledon – voucher for 1x sharing box of four plain Signature Waffles
– Wahaca in Wimbledon – 1x £40 meal voucher
– Cranleigh Tennis – 1x Junior Membership (worth £40)
– Fielders Art & Craft gift/ voucher (worth £40).
Submitted by email@example.com on September 23, 2019