London Youth is a charity on a mission to improve the lives of young people in London, challenging them to become the best they can be.
In partnership with the Golf Foundation, London Youth is recruiting 10 organisations to participate in their pilot Tri-Golf programme for 2020.
The programme aims to provide an opportunity for young people from across London to try a new sport through a 6-8 week block of coaching, with the opportunity to compete against the other youth organisations at a festival in May 2020.
How it works
- Coach Training Workshop, each organisation will send two leaders to attend the course. This session will equip you with all the skills that you will need to coach Tri-Golf to your young people and includes a coaching resource manual. (26th March 2020, 11:00 – 14:00)
- Project Delivery, these leaders will return to their organisation and deliver between 6 and 8 tri golf sessions. (early April - late May 2020)
- Tri Golf Community Cup Festival each organisation will send a team of young people, who will get to represent their organisation at the tournament. (Thursday 28th May 2020)
What they need from you:
- Commit to attending/completing all phases of the programme within the allocated time.
- Identify 2 staff/volunteers/young leaders to attend the training course and lead programme delivery, age 16+.
- Recruit and retain five young people to participate on the project, ages 8-13.
- Around 50% or participants to complete questionnaire booklet
- Young people and youth workers to engage in evaluation activity at festival
What you’ll receive:
- 2 x free places on the Tri-Golf Training Workshop (worth £50 per course)
- 1 x free festival place
- Free equipment bag for all Tri-Golf games and session planning resource manual (Worth £250)
- £200.00 for project delivery (staff time)
- On-going support from London Youth and the Golf Foundation.
|To apply, contact Andrew Staples on email@example.com or call 020 7549 8800. The deadline to express interest is 7th February 2020.|
Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org on January 29, 2020