The purpose of the Tampon Tax Fund is to allocate the funds generated from the VAT on sanitary products to projects that improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls. The fund was announced by the then Chancellor during the 2015 Autumn Statement.
The launch of this round of funding demonstrates the Government’s continued commitment to ensuring that the VAT received from sanitary products is used to support vulnerable and underrepresented women and girls.
Applications should be for £1million or more and be from organisations that can deliver impact across their chosen category and across multiple regions in one or more of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Applications are welcomed from individual organisations or consortia with an identified lead organisation. They are particularly interested in receiving applications from organisations whose projects include (as a way of utilising existing expertise in the sector, increasing geographical reach, and improving impact) making onward grants to other charitable organisations.
- the deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday, 28th January 2018
- all applicants should answer all questions on the application form
- completed applications should be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org
- all applications received by the closing date will be assessed following the closing date
- any applications received after the closing date will not be assessed
- all available information and guidance relating to this round of funding is contained within this document and the application form
- as the application process is competitive, the Tampon Tax Fund team are not able to answer individual questions or respond to requests for support in completing the application.
Submitted by Sophie on January 12, 2018