MVSC is the umbrella organisation for the voluntary and community sector in Merton. We provide organisational development, fundraising, volunteering and strategic representation support to charities, community, faith and social enterprise organisations. The organisation has an excellent reputation with the voluntary and community sector and public sector partners and stakeholders.
MVSC is looking to recruit four new trustees with generalist and specialist knowledge, skills and expertise to join its Board.
We are looking for professionals who will complement the Board’s current voluntary sector and management expertise by bringing:
- Generalist knowledge and expertise in good governance and strategic leadership
- Specialist business acumen or related legal/employment law or HR knowledge and expertise
- Potential Treasurer and Chair of the Board of Trustees.
MVSC is also looking for a Treasurer to join the Board.
The Treasurer’s role will be to assist the Board of Trustees and Chief Executive Officer with the financial management of the charity, offering oversight and guidance as the organisation continues its efforts to diversify income streams. While this role does not require day to day support with the organisation’s finance activity, you will lead on the financial strategy for the charity as well as creation of the annual accounts. We are, therefore, looking for someone with the following experience, knowledge and expertise:
- Extensive experience and proven success in financial management.
- Knowledge and experience of current finance practice, including fundraising, relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
For all roles, we welcome applications from all sections of the community in order to strengthen the diversity of our Board.
The opportunities and recruitment process are explained in detail in these packs:
The application deadline for all roles is 26th April 2019.
Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org on March 14, 2019