Thank you to those who attended the INVOLVE meeting on Thursday 20th July.
We were due to open the meeting with Annette Bunka from Merton CCG presenting on Integration and Older People. Annette was unable to attend this meeting so we're hoping to scheduled the presentation to take place at INVOLVE in October instead.
Thank you to Maureen, David and Naomi who gave updates on the thematic forums. Dates of the next meetings can be found here.
We were thrilled to be join by Nick Coke from The Salvation Army in Raynes Park. Nick passionately spoke to us about the new Community Sponsorship Programme for refugees. The programme allows locally-based groups that fit the criteria to use their resources to source housing for a refugee family for two years and offer wrap-around support in resettlement for the first year. To find out more and to contact The Salvation Army about getting involved, please click here.
We also heard from Jon from MVSC as he showed organisations how QuickBooks online can help you save time on accounting, allowing you to focus on growing your organisation. Click here for details about what’s on offer.
During the meeting, INVOLVE representative elections took place. We are pleased to announce that Dickie Wilkinson, Brand Ambassador for Merton Mencap, has been elected to the Merton Partnership Executive Board and Patsy Ferreira, Director of Destiny7uk has been elected to the Healthwatch Merton Operational Committee (see image).
Thanks to Matt Bryan from the Counter Terrorism Team who educated us on spotting suspicious behaviour. Please email Matt Bryan or call the Counter Terrorism Focus Desk on 020 8649 3272 for more details.
The information exchange section was once again a great opportunity to share your news and events:
- The Alzheimer’s Society is looking for Merton organisations to become Dementia Friends to learn a little bit more about what it's like to live with dementia and turn that understanding into action. More info here
- Moat Housing, Commonside and United Living are holding a Health & Wellbeing event on August 30th from 1pm to 4pm in the New Horizon Centre, Pollards Hill. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a stall or to plan an activity. Also, in partnership with Job Centre Plus, they will be hosting a recruitment fair on 12th September. More details will follow. And all of this week there is a full programme of physical activity and nutrition advice at the New Horizon Centre for adult parents or carers with 2 children or more between the ages 4 and 7 years old.
- Merton Vision will be advertising for a CEO. Details on this will be shared soon.
- BAME Voice has been up and running for just over a year and they want to get to know more people. Join them on the 6th September for a ‘getting to know you’ event. Invite coming soon!
- The Power Centre Church in Mitcham invites you all to a Wellbeing and Information event on high blood pressure on Sunday 30th July. All welcome.
- There is a safety event for young people on 2nd August where Inner Strength Network will be delivering an e-safety workshop which includes t-shirt design. Location: acacia adventure playground, 12-3. There will also be other fun activities on the day. You can also book for domestic violence coaching support - to book a place for anyone you know that now needs to move forward after abuse and change the pain into purpose contact email@example.com for FREE coaching sessions.
Submitted by on July 24, 2017