Thank you to those who attended the last INVOLVE meeting on Wednesday 25th January.
We opened the meeting by hearing from Ray Hautot, the new Social Prescribing Coordinator at MVSC. Ray will be based at both Tamworth House Medical Centre and Wide Way Medical Centre and will be linking patients in primary care with sources of support within the community. Read his latest blog here or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We were also joined by Simon Williams, Director of Community and Housing at Merton Council. Simon discussed engagement with the voluntary sector, users and carers. His presentation can be found here. Simon also gave an update on the budget.
During the meeting, INVOLVE representative elections took place. We are pleased to announce that Emma Aldridge, Head of Welfare at the Wimbledon Guild, Rob Clarke, Chief Executive at Age UK Merton, Rebecca Stockman, Area Director at YMCA London South West and Fitzroy Dawson, CEO at Merton Community Transport have been elected to the Adult Social Care Task Group (see image).
Thanks to Evereth Willis, from Merton Council, who updated us on the refresh of the Equality Strategy 2017-21. More information can be found here.
Information Exchange: Updates on latest news and upcoming events:
- The Association For Pastoral Care In Mental Health (APCMH) Merton & Sutton is offering free befriender training on Wednesday 22nd March in Wimbledon.
- The Challenge is looking for young people to develop their confidence and skills. Interested in talking to as many people as possible email@example.com
- The Alzheimer’s Society is looking for Merton based people to become a Dementia Friend to learn a little bit more about what it's like to live with dementia and then turn that understanding into action firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tooting and Mitcham Football Club is asking groups to get in touch. They want to work in partnership with the potential of getting funding through sports email@example.com
- VolunteerMerton host monthly volunteer recruitment sessions an invite organisations to come along to talk to volunteers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Merton Community Transport are hosting their AGM on 1st March. All welcome! They are also organising a fundraising event in June.
- Wimbledon Guild has teamed up with South Mitcham Community Centre (SMCA) to put on exercise classes for the over 50’s. They are also organising self-development workshops in partnership with EMC.
We also shared a round up of funding opportunities for Merton organisations which can be found here.
The next meeting is taking place on Tuesday 25th April 2017. Click here to book a place. If you would like to make a suggestion for an item to be added to the agenda then please email email@example.com
Submitted by Sophie on January 30, 2017