Thank you to those who attended the INVOLVE meeting on Tuesday 25th April.
We opened the meeting with a 5 minute funding round up. Beau highlighted 5 funds currently open and also shared a further 5 which can be found here. If you get stuck and need some advice, please visit our Virtual Development Worker or call us on 020 8685 1771 to speak to Beau.
We were absolutely thrilled to be join by John Williams from Association of Chairs. John delighted the audience with a fascinating insight into trustees with some tips on what makes a good trustee, the essentials of good governance and how to recruit and retain good trustees. Thanks John!
The information exchange section was once again a great opportunity to share your news and events. And we were pleased to have some new groups join us who introduced themselves to the sector.
- Merton School Sport Partnership is new to Merton and will start to deliver teacher training, coaching for schools and much more. Welcome to the borough! www.mertonssp.org.uk
- LiveWell Merton announced their name will be changed to One You Merton. Services have changed slightly. Visit www.oneyoumerton.org to find out more.
- Living Water Parish invite you to a community engagement evening on 10th May. They are kindly supporting 3 charities at the event www.rccglwp.org
- Don’t forget MVSC sends a weekly bulletin to over 3000 contacts. We are more than happy to share your news. Please email email@example.com
- Wimbledon Community Association is seeking trustees to join their thriving organisation. They also promoted their website which promotes event based community facilities – www.wimbledoncommunity.org
- London Sport, new to the borough, introduce themselves and talked about recruiting new clubs/organisations for the ClubWorks programme.
- The Wimbledon Guild is looking to recruit as many clients and volunteers in Merton. They are looking to help isolated and older people in the borough to live independently for as long as possible. Can you help? www.wimbledonguild.co.uk
- Merton CIL said ‘holding a snap election creates extra barriers for disabled people’ – therefore they have pulled together information and advice to help disabled people understand more about the general election. More information can be found here.
- Bluebird Care Merton, new to INVOLVE, shared the news that they are recruiting carers. They also asked organisations to get in touch if they would like to partner up to help people get out and more active – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tooting Mitcham Football Club were at INVOLVE celebrating the first team win!! They are now in the Championship. Congratulations! They also highlighted that the club now has a cafe bar and welcomes you all to go along to check it out or hold a relaxed information meeting there.
- Looking for volunteers? Don’t forget to post your volunteering opportunities on www.volunteermerton.org.uk – we also run monthly recruitment sessions and welcome organisations to have a ‘spotlight’ at these sessions. Email email@example.com to book.
- You can also promote your volunteering opportunities at the Merton Partnership Volunteer Awards by having a stall. Info on stalls can be found here. You can also nominate your volunteers for all their good work here.
We were pleased to welcome Sorrel from Superhighways who is offering organisations the opportunity to build your ICT capacity by providing you with support and advice on all things digital. Find out more about what’s on offer on their website www.superhighways.org.uk
We ended the meeting with a lively discussion led by Amy Ford from South East CSU. Amy gave us some really important information on the upcoming changes in Data Protection. Amy had a focus on organisations that have contracts with the CCG and NHS. Organisations at the meeting highlighted their interest in knowing more so asked MVSC to share some easy tips to follow the new rules in the bulletin. We also said we’d look into organising a workshop on the topic. Please keep an eye on the bulletin for any updates on this.
Submitted by Sophie on May 4, 2017