By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- identify the common property issues and risks within a lease
- understand how leased property delivers your social mission
- forward plan and save financial loss at the end of your lease.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Basic terminology
- What to look for in a lease
- Negotiating a lease
- Taking advice
- Business case
- Management of risk
- Ending a lease
- Business continuity
- Property/Charity law
- Avoiding pitfalls
Property Advice Clinic
The half day training session is followed by a property advice clinic from 1:30pm – 3:30pm to give you a 20 minute session with an advisers on an individual basis.
Who is the workshop for?
This workshop is for trustees and staff of small voluntary organisations <£150,000 pa turnover in tenanted building/s, with a public or private landlord and with a short or long lease, whether starting a new lease, working with an existing lease or ending a lease within the next 3 years.
Free sandwich lunch provided.
- Early bird tickets are £5
- Thursday 26th April 2018
- 10am - 4:30pm
- Please click here to book your place
Submitted by Sophie on March 26, 2018