Moving Forward Group of Merton is due to run on Mondays at 10:00 to 11:30, from the 24th of June for 8 weeks at 35 Wimbledon Hill road.
The criteria for joining is
- Have a connection with the borough of Merton.
- Have been affected by domestic or sexual abuse/assault either recently, currently or in the past. This can mean physical, emotional, psychological, sexual or financial including coercive control and other harmful practices
- Want and can commit to regular counselling or psychoeducational group sessions on a weekly basis
- Are emotionally robust enough to manage their own safety in terms of coping with possible anxiety or emotional pain that might come up without this posing a risk to their well-being
- Want to make changes happen for themselves and are willing to consider personal possibilities
- Are psychologically well enough to maintain contact for the duration of the time agreed
- Are not currently receiving counselling with another service or about to start soon (not applicable if attending ‘Moving Forward’ psycho-educational group)
- The counselling service is unable to provide crisis intervention or give emergency appointments if a woman is in immediate psychological crisis and potentially at risk. If this is the case, please refer to her GP or to the appropriate Community Mental Health Team (CMHT)
For more information, please click here
Submitted by sallym on June 5, 2019