Merton Giving Winter Grant Fund Awards Announced
We are pleased to be able to announce, that following the panel meeting on Friday 31st January 2020, 11 local organisations will share the £10,000 Winter Grant Fund pot.
These organisations have been awarded grants, ranging in value from £500 - £1000, to address isolation and loneliness amongst targeted cohorts of Merton residents.
The recipients of the Merton Giving Winter Grant Fund are:
- Attic Theatre Company - providing singing workshops for the over 55’s
- Inner Strength Network CIC – providing group coaching sessions for women who hsave experienced domestic abuse
- Karate Club Project – providing karate/martial arts classes for isolated and vulnerable young men
- Merton Centre for Independent Living – providing craft and chat session for local deaf and disabled people
- Merton Vision – providing taster supported sports and activity sessions for isolated adults with visual impairments
- Skillspool Training CIC – Providing IT workshops and support sessions for local adults with long term health conditions such as, diabetes
- Spear Homelessness charity – facilitating gym sessions at a local young people’s homelessness hostel
- Sustainable Merton – facilitating food and nutrition workshops for single parents and vulnerable adults living alone
- Tooting & Mitcham Community Sports Club – hosting taster sessions at Farm Road Pavilion to enhance the health and wellbeing of local residents
- Unique Talent CIC – providing skills training and mentoring for young people exiting gangs
- Veterans Voices (UK) CIC – facilitating choral singing workshops and networking opportunities for local veterans
Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org on February 3, 2020