The overall purpose of the Community Champion role is to assist in securing the key objectives of Merton Diabetes Programme, Public Health Merton and Diabetes UK.
You will be raising awareness of Diabetes, how it can be prevented and for those with diabetes, how best to manage their condition to secure better health outcomes.
Main elements of the role:
- Attend a Welcome Workshop where asked to do so
- Complete a two day Diabetes Community Champion training course
- As a Diabetes Community Champion to undertake events such as talks, stands or setting up awareness day’s to raise awareness of Diabetes. This can be done in partnership with other champions, in connection with a community group/religious institution or alone
- Complete the monitoring and evaluation forms in compliance with our ethical obligations to ensure accurate data is recorded and submitted in time
Timescales (e.g. hours, day or length of volunteering role)
- The Welcome Workshop: 2-3 hours
- The training course: 2 days, plus other development opportunities
- Delivery of multiple events; time varies depending on nature of event
- Participate and actively contribute to the Community Champions Network
Complete the online application form attached below and send it to MW.DiabetesChampions@SWLondon.nhs.uk by Friday 7th February 2020.
Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org on February 16, 2020