With a well-designed volunteer role description in hand, you will explore how to find, promote and attract the right people for the right role.
Then we will look at how to create an effective, yet volunteer friendly and welcoming, selection and matching process.
Topics covered include:
- Writing a role description
- Advertising and promoting your roles
- Tackling the barriers to volunteering
- The application process
- Interviewing volunteers and making decisions
Learning outcomes, attendees will:
- Gain an understanding of the motivations behind volunteering and how to tap into this for effective recruitment
- Know the key barriers to volunteering, and how to remove or reduce them
- Understand the need to avoid the ‘workplace model’ of recruitment, and make the process as straightforward as possible
This workshop will be led by Sarah Hannigan.
Event and booking details
Submitted by Sophie on January 12, 2018