It is our priority to celebrate and reward volunteers in Merton all year round – but there’s no better time than National Volunteers' Week to go above and beyond to do this.
Although the coronavirus pandemic has stopped many of the things we would usually do, we are still encouraging all Merton organisations to get involved.
The annual celebration is the perfect time to celebrate and thank those who give up their time to make a difference. Especially in recent times, when we have seen an increase in people giving their time.
Here are some ways you can get involved this year:
- Live Zoom certificate presentation or an awards evenings – download the Volunteers' Week certificate template
- Thank you cards and small gifts eg sending all volunteers a tea bag to ‘have a cup on us’ – use their thank you card template
- Social media thank you messages – see their guide to using social media
- Promote a volunteering opportunity during Volunteers' Week – it’s sure to get more attention than usual!
- Write a news story to highlight the great work of your volunteers and share it with MVSC and other contacts
- Use Volunteers Week press release template to help you spread the word
- If you’re starting a new volunteering project, what better time to launch it than Volunteers’ Week?
MVSC is dedicated to supporting volunteer involving organisations and we provide a range of support, advice and information services for Merton organisations.
Submitted by email@example.com on June 1, 2020