Healthwatch Merton works to help local people get the best out of their local health and social care services. Whether it's improving them today or helping shape them for tomorrow.
Merton Council awarded the Healthwatch Merton contract to MVSC in 2013. With our excellent knowledge of the borough and our engagement with the many diverse communities in Merton – we have been able to continue our work with health and social care services in Merton.
What does Healthwatch Merton do?
Healthwatch Merton works to help local people get the best out of their local health and social care services. Whether it's improving them today or helping shape them for tomorrow. It’s all about voices being able to influence the delivery and design of local services, not just for people who need to use them now, but anyone who might need to in future.
Healthwatch Merton will play a role nationally through Healthwatch England and at a local level as one of the 152 community focused local Healthwatch. Together we form the Healthwatch network, working closely to ensure consumers’ views are represented nationally and locally.
Healthwatch Merton is here to:
- Gather the views and experiences of local people on the way services are delivered and have the power to enter and view adult health and social care services to get a feel for how they are delivering
- Help you to shape and improve the services you use. We do this by influencing the way services are designed and delivered based on evidence gained from you
- Engage with people in our locally and inclusively. We want to hear from people across every part of your community - so if you haven't met us yet, please get in touch!
- Keep you up to date with our work through regular newsletters and updates
- Provide information and advice about local health and social care services
- Influence how services are set up and commissioned by having a seat on the local Health and Wellbeing Board
- Pass information and recommendations to other local Healthwatch, Healthwatch England and the Care Quality Commission
Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org on December 11, 2019