Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth (CAML) is the leading advice charity supporting individuals and families across the London boroughs of Lambeth, Merton and beyond. We provide a range of information, support and advice services. We also work to raise awareness and understanding of the challenging issues affecting our clients and communities.
We are looking for an accredited Debt Adviser to provide comprehensive debt advice and support to those in need including individuals with mental health conditions. If you have at least one year’s post certificate training, are accredited to give debt advice, passionate about supporting individuals and families in need and interested in joining a dedicated, professional team we would love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive debt advice in line with Financial Conduct Authority requirements to clients including those with mental health conditions
- Provide generalist advice in benefits and housing as required
- Complete Debt Relief Orders on behalf of clients
- Use your interpersonal skills to explore, listen and understand complex problems as they affect each individual and tailor approach to advice accordingly
- Follow-up on actions relating to cases as appropriate
- Identify and escalate serious problems, including safeguarding, appropriately
- Ability to work to own initiative within a team environment. Work closely with service colleagues and wider CAML team
About The Role
Submitted by email@example.com on July 13, 2020