Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth is the leading advice charity supporting individuals and families across the London boroughs of Lambeth and Merton. We provide a range of information, support and advice services. We also work to raise awareness and understanding of the challenging issues affecting our clients and communities.
We are looking for an Advice Supervisor or experienced Adviser (caseworker) to join our team. If you are passionate about supporting individuals and families in need, have a minimum of two years Adviser experience (Citizens Advice or equivalent accreditation), are a natural team leader, enjoy delivering training and are interested in joining a dedicated professional team we would love to hear from you. This post is funded by the Walcott Foundation.
You must be prepared to work flexibly, currently due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, work will be home based until a time when our offices (Mitcham, Morden and Streatham Hill) re-open. Our offices have excellent public transport links and Mitcham also has a carpark. We offer a friendly and welcoming work environment and can provide flexible work opportunities dependent on service demands.
- Ensure Advisers are supported with the appropriate level of guidance and supervision
- Complete casework and generalist advice for clients (when required)
- Line manage Lambeth generalist Adviser
- Support and supervise Volunteer Advisers and Assessors
- Ensure the team’s advice is of a high standard and quality assured
- Ensure clients receive a professional and quality service
- Work closely with Volunteer and Development Officer to recruit and train new Volunteer Advisers
- With Volunteer and Development Officer contribute to charity’s team training schedule
- Ensure agreed development and training is completed for your volunteer and staff team members
- With wider charity team and other organisations, ensure clients are supported with related advice issues
- Ensure all work is fully compliant with our policies and procedures and Citizens Advice Quality Standard
- Ensure thorough case checking, independent file reviews and Quality of Advice Audit (QAA) assessments are carried out in line with Citizens Advice requirements
- As a service/team manager you are a member of CA Merton and Lambeth’s Service Delivery Team
- With our service managers, ensure CA Merton and Lambeth continues to develop Adviser resources to meet service demand and client needs
- Assist and contribute to charity’s communications, research and campaigns work
- Professionally represent Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth in your work
- Other duties as requested by Head of Advice Services or Chief Executive
About The Role
Submitted by email@example.com on July 13, 2020