Hackney CVS is seeking a project coordinator to support the work of voluntary and community sector organisations delivering a range of projects.
This is a fixed-term role until 3rd May 2019. It’s a three day a week post, paid at £30,000 per annum pro rata.
If you would like to be considered for the post please apply by completing and returning the attached forms. These should be sent to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 23rd April. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 1st May.
Hackney CVS is managing a number of consortia delivery projects working with small, mostly ethnic specific, community organisations.
These are currently:
Information and signposting – a consortium of six community organisations providing health advice and signposting, letter translation and simple form filling. Hackney CVS is developing a training programme that will align standards with training offered to partner statutory sector and voluntary sector organisations (3rd year of delivery).
The Free Condom Project – delivered by Community African Network, an established network made up of seven organisations who are from and work with Black African communities resident in Hackney, in partnership with Hackney CVS and Brook (5th year of delivery).
Bowel Cancer Awareness Project – a new project, delivered in partnership with Community African Network, plus in partnership with GP’s and other health partners to raise awareness of Bowel Cancer in Hackney’s Black African communities.
The purpose of the role is:
• to support the voluntary sector in Hackney to influence the development of Health and Wellbeing Services in Hackney;
• to build partnerships between voluntary and community sector organisation with other statutory Health and Wellbeing services to ensure a strong relationships;
• to facilitate and support the delivery of the Community African Network bowel cancer project;
• to manage and maintain the information and signposting project;
• to manage and maintain the Free Condom Project;
• to support colleagues to deliver a range of support, signposting and developmental services to Hackney voluntary and community sector organisations.
The Bowel Cancer Project element of this role (2.5 days a week) will be jointly managed by the Director of Programmes and VCS strategy and the Chair of Community African Network.