Merton Libraries is currently looking for IT Support Volunteers. One of our core roles is providing IT support where, amongst other things, you would assist and support learners in the basics of computer use and with general IT enquiries, guide and support learners on a one-to-one level as they practice using the computers, and assist customers to find information they need.
We are looking to fill this role within all seven of our libraries in the borough.
You will have the chance to meet and help people from the local community, creating a sense of achievement. In volunteering with us, you will build experience and develop your skills to enhance a college, university or job application.
Skills and Experience:
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with library staff, other volunteers and members of the public
- A basic understanding of how the Library Service operates, either in general terms or in the candidate's personal experience
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications (Word, Internet Explorer, Excel) and basic computer functions (printing, email etc)
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage with people of all ages, races, cultures and abilities
- Patient and approachable manner with members of the public
- Reliable, confident and responsible individual, with enthusiasm and effective interpersonal skills
- The ability to cope with the duties and responsibilities of the post and the associated environment, including an understanding of health & safety.
If you would like to apply, please email Library.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8545 3783.