Merton Libraries is looking for volunteers to help promote informal and adult learning by teaching new skills to vulnerable residents in Merton.
- Assist and support learners in the basics of computer use and with general IT enquiries.at the libraries, their homes or remotely
- Set up and install software
- Carry our tech support and equipment maintenance
- Guide and support learners on a one-to-one level or group setting as they practice using the computers, both library PCs and/or learners’ own devices
- Any other associated tasks from time to time to be agreed.
Skills & Experience required / desired
- The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with library staff, other volunteers and members of the public
- A basic understanding of how the Library Service operates, either in general terms or in the candidate's personal experience
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, including apps, and basic computer functions (printing, email etc)
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage with people of all ages, races, cultures and abilities
- Patient and approachable manner with members of the public
- Reliable, confident and responsible individual, with enthusiasm and effective interpersonal skills
- The ability to cope with the duties and responsibilities of the post and the associated environment, including an understanding of health & safety
- A DBS check will be carried out prior to starting the role.
An induction and introduction to the library and Library and Heritage Services. The London Borough of Merton has a wide range of corporate learning opportunities including access to IT training. As a volunteer for Library and Heritage Services, volunteers will have full access to these learning opportunities provided that they are relevant to the duties they are expected to undertake.
To apply, please complete the form below and email it to email@example.com