MVSC provides a wide range of support for groups working within the borough. See our staff list to find out who to contact with specific queries. We can provide support in funding and financial management.
We have a number of model policies which you may find useful.
We have a range of guidance documents on starting and managing a group:
- An introduction to fundraising
- Applying for funding
- Charity registration
- Conducting committee meetings
- Developing a new project
- Developing policies and procedures
- Employing staff
- Legal structures
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Organising your finances
- Planning for small groups
- Recruiting committee members and trustees
- Sources of funding
Other useful web sites
- KnowHowNonProfit provides lots of information on a wide range of topics of interest to voluntary, community and not for profit organisations.
- My Community Starter is a useful resource for people who want to get involved in organising smaller, straightforward community activities.
- Get Legal provides online advice on legal structures and issues such as governance for charities, social enterprises and co-ops.
- Charity Trustee Networks provides information and support for Trustees.
- NVCO Trustee and Governance Information Centre provides information on a wide range of subjects relating to voluntary and community sector governance and trusteeship.
- The Charity Commission provides advice and information on running charities, including information on how to manage money and accounts.
- Superhighways is an ICT support and development project, run by and for the voluntary and community sector and based in South London.
- Sandy Adirondack runs the invaluable site on legal updates for voluntary organisations.
- NCVO (which also runs some of the other services listed here) provides a wide range of support and advice services for voluntary organisations.