We provide a range of support, advice and information services for any organisation needing to recruit and manage volunteers.
Post your volunteering opportunities and recruit volunteers on VolunteerMerton
Our downloadable information bank provides a wide range of guidance and information on the following topics:
- Planning for volunteers. What you need to think about when considering using volunteers
- The essentials. The essential things you need if you are going to use volunteers
- Getting recruitment right. How to plan recruitment, market volunteering opportunities and attract volunteers
- Choosing the right volunteers. Interviews and selection
- Suporting volunteers. How to identify methods of support, provide them and ensure your volunteers feel valued
- Challenging situations. Managing difficult situations and letting volunteers go
Download our information bank
Our training and support to organisations using volunteers includes, one to one advice and support, group training sessions and telephone support. We cover a wide range of areas including:
- The basics. What you need to consider if you are planning to have volunteer in your group or organisation – and an overall picture of what is involve.
- Getting recruitment right. What you need to think about, where best to find your volunteers and what roles you want them to fill.
- Choosing the right people and getting them started. How do you find the right people for the role, who do they need to meet before they start, what do they need to know
- Supporting and keeping your volunteers. We all need a bit of support and to know that we're doing OK This will give you ideas of how to offer support, and ensure that your volunteers stay
- More than the basics. This covers more challenging situations which could arise and how to deal with them. For example, is it OK to say no to a volunteer?
- The paperwork. What policies do you need and what might be useful to your group or organisation?
- A group or organisation 'Healthcheck'. This could lead to accreditation either with Experts in Volunteering or Investing in Volunteers
- Accreditation. This could lead to accreditation either with 'Experts in Volunteering' (see the Volunteer Management Charter) or 'Investing in Volunteers'.
If you are looking for a qualification, there are now accredited courses through colleges and distance learning in both volunteering and managing volunteers. There are other local and national sources of training for both volunteers and organisations and the links on the right may help you. Our information bank also offers on-line guidance and support.
If you would like to learn more about these opportunities please either telephone us on 020 8685 1771 or send us an email to email@example.com