We can provide support and information to primarily small, new and emerging voluntary, community and faith groups in Merton.
We can work with you on a wide range of issues - from setting up a new group, to fundraising, employment issues or establishing ways of monitoring what you do.
We recognise that groups have a variety of different needs. Some groups may be keen to expand and develop new services, whilst others may simply want help to continue as they are, delivering a local service to a small community.
We offer services that can be adapted to suit your needs. We provide an advice and information service to groups including access to funding databases. We can also offer a more intensive service working with your group over a longer period of time to help you work through a wide range of development issues.
We can help with:
- setting up a new group or project
- constitutions and governance issues – the legal stuff
- charitable registration
- roles and responsibilities of management committees
- identifying funding sources and help with applications
- monitoring & evaluation systems
- providing tailor made training
- business and strategic planning
- developing policies and procedures
- publicity and marketing
- recruitment and employment issues
- networking with other local groups
You can use resources at our web site, including
- model policies
- fact sheets on financial management
- fact sheets on starting and managing a group
- Virtual Development Worker
In addition our staff can provide support to any voluntary or community group based in Merton or providing services to benefit Merton's residents.
For more information about this service contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8685 1771