Our objectives and services
- Support to voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise organisations
- Capacity and capability building
- Training programme
- Financial management and systems
- Good governance and trustee support
- Helping organisations with fundraising plans and applications
- Merton Means Business.
- Encourage, support and develop volunteering and voluntary and community action
- Enhance the recruitment, promotion and management of volunteers in Merton
- Raise awareness of volunteering, gain recognition for the contribution of volunteers and highlight issues affecting volunteers
- Deliver good practice support for organisations involving volunteers in their work
- Provide information and advice about volunteering
- Training for organisations and volunteers
- Youth, Public Service and Supported Volunteering.
- Identify changing and emerging need and respond with development
- Identify changing and emerging social and community needs and work with communities, the sector and public and private agencies to address them.
- Promote, support and develop liaison, advocacy, joint working and strategic partnership between
- Healthwatch Merton, the consumer champion for health and social care in Merton
- Continue leading, facilitating and developing the voluntary sector’s roles in strategic partnerships and strengthening the sector’s voice, representation and influence with the public sector and funders, in Merton and externally
- Play a key role in bringing together VCS organisations to strengthen collaborative working and partnerships; supporting joint working between sectors and accessing new funding
- Seek to enhance co-production with the public sector and apply the Social Value Act in public sector commissioning.
- Promote quality through standard setting
- Set and raise standards in the voluntary and community sector by promoting organisational quality assurance systems and volunteer management quality standards.
- Undertake sound planning in order to continue MVSC’s work supporting Merton’s VCS
- Support the sector’s sustainability through diversification of its income streams.